[ Skip past the site map ]
Table of Contents
- Alphabetical index of topics and names with links to the chapters.
- About the authors: The qualifications of each of the authors.
- Guidelines for notations and bibliographies.
Background of the Consultation
by the Editor
- From Yakutia.
- To Korea.
- The event itself.
by the Editor
- The Significance.
- A Problem of Terminology:
- What does the term shamanism mean?
- Where does the term shamanism come from?
- Large-scale International Conferences for the Study of Shamanism.
- A Clash of Categories.
- Resolutions adopted by the Consultation.
by His Grace Soterios the Bishop of Zelon
- Origin and History of Korean Shamanism.
- The Spirit World of Korean Shamanism:
- Customs surrounding birth.
- Rites of Wishing and Thanks-giving.
- Funeral and Memorial Rites and Customs.
by Prof. Dr. Cha Ok Soong
- Opening Remarks.
- Structure and Principles of the Kuts.
- Narim Kut:
- The Rite that Initiates a Charismatic Shaman.
- Roles of the Shaman.
- Meaning of the Chaesu Kut: the shrine as a place of harmony and restoration.
- Meaning of the Kut for the Village: the shrine as a place of festival.
- Meaning of the Woowhan Kut: the shrine as a place of complaint.
- Meaning of the Nuk Kut: a kut for the living as well as the dead.
- Closing Remarks.
by Dr. S.A. Mousalimas
- The Level of Analysis:
- Participation with Ancestors:
- Traditions in Korea in general.
- Traditions among Orthodox Christians, formal and informal customs.
- Household Shrines.
- Iconic Relationships.
- Physical Nature imbued with Spiritual Presence:
- Cosmology, in general.
- The Kut of the Fishermen's Village, for example.
- Shamans' Propensity for Spiritual Union.
by Dr. Egor Spiridonovich Shishigin
- The Role of Orthodoxy: Past and Present.
- Missionary Endeavors and Results.
- Orthodoxy and Shamanism.
- Conclusion: Orthodox or pagan?
by Dr. Klavdia Ivanovna Fedorova
by Anna Nikolaevna Shishigina
- Research Results [from the Humanities Institute, Sakha Republic (Yakutia)]
by Dr. V.V. Arzhanukhin
- [Explanation about the concept of
dual-belief in the history of Russian thought.]
- [Description of the development of the concept.]
- [Indication of the problems, or complications, caused by the concept.]
(End of Site Map.)